Amateur Radiocommunications include all types of civil radiocommunications operating in radio frequency bands with non-governmental or shared application, allotted to the Amateur and Amateur-Satellite Services, according to the National Table for Frequency Allocation (NTFA), as follows:
- amateur and amateur-satellite radiocommunications;
- permanently harmonizes the national legislation in the field with the international provisions with a view to ensure the operational and legal compatibility of amateur and amateur-satellite stations located on Romania’s territory, in direct relation with the stations located on other sates’ territories;
- regulates and coordinates the activity of the amateur and amateur-satellite services at national level.
In this field, ANCOM:
- allots and assigns radio frequencies for amateur and amateur-satellite radiocommunications networks;
- coordinates in cooperation with the electronic communications administrations of the neighbouring countries the radio frequencies within the bands allotted to amateur and amateur-satellite services, according to NTFA.
- amateur operator certificates, as follows:
- first- and second-class certificates, issued in compliance with CEPT T/R 61-02 Recommendation, equivalent to CEPT HAREC certificate;
- third-class certificates, granted in accordance with CEPT ERC 32/2005 Report, equivalent to CEPT Novice certificate;
- restricted third-class certificates.
- amateur operation authorizations, as follows:
- first- and second-class authorizations, issued according to CEPT T/R 61-01 Recommendation, equivalent to CEPT authorization;
- third-class authorizations, granted to CEPT ECC 05(06) Report, equivalent to CEPT Novice certificate;
- restricted third-class authorizations;
- radioclub stations authorizations;
- repeater stations and radiomarker authorizations.